|HOME << Office|
|Record Skype Calls
CREATED: 07/08/2018 @ 12:17, UPDATED: 10/01/2020 @ 10:36 BY: Mark
Please note that standard "free" Skype is prefered, rather than Skype for Business
How to Record Your Skype Calls
If you want to keep a record of your Skype calls—both audio and video—it has never been easier.
In the past, you had to use a third-party program to record your Skype calls, but no more. Skype allows you to do so much already, but a built-in recording feature for desktop and mobile really brings things to a new level.
You can now record an audio or video call and then play, pause, and scrub through the recording. That recording lasts in Skype for 30 days, but you can save it as an MP4 file to access later, or share the recording with someone else.
Here's how to use this new feature. If you prefer to use a third-party tool, a few options are below, too.
- First, start your Skype audio or video call. After you've connected, click on the + sign and select the command to Start recording. A message pops up on the screen to alert the other person that you're recording the call.
- When you're done with the call, click on the + sign again and select the command to Stop recording, or simply end the call.
- Once the recording has stopped, it will be stored within the chat window for that contact.
- You can now play it, pause it, or jump to a specific spot using the scrubber. The recording plays in its own video window.
- Since the recording resides in Skype for a mere 30 days, you'll need to save it as a file to permanently hang onto it. With the desktop version of Skype, click on the three-dot icon (...) for More options at the upper-right of the recording window. Click on "Save to 'Downloads'" to store it in your Downloads folder. Click on "Save as" to house it in a different location. The file is saved as an MP4 video, even if it's an audio recording.
- To play the file from the Downloads folder, click Show in folder. Double-click the MP4 file to open it.
|Some FAQ statistics
|No. of FAQ's on this site: ||50|
|No. of FAQ's opened: ||37464|